Soma 500 mg is a brand product which contains Carisoprodol as an active chemical compound. Soma 500 mg is a medicine which is used for the relief of the pain from the musculoskeletal disorder like muscle pain, muscle damage, twist and injure. The active ingredient of this medicine is classified in the categories of spasmolytic drug. Spasmolytic are the drugs which are used for improving the musculoskeletal pain and spasm by contracting the muscle. Spasmolytic are also know the central acting muscle relaxant. This medicine shows its action by blocking the pain impulse from the nerve cell of the brain. This medicine is consumed as a short term therapy. This medicine should take with full glass water. The remedy of this medicine is used for a two to three weak. This medicine should be stored cool and dry place.
Indication of Soma 500 mg
Pro –o-Soma is used to management of skeletal muscle disorder like muscle pain, muscle injury, twist and strain.
Contraindications of Soma 500 mg
The Patient must aware about the contraindications before taking this drug because this drug show few contraindications in following medical condition which are given below
- Hypersensitive reaction
- During pregnancy
- During lactation
- Alcohol consumption
Drug Interactions of Soma 500 mg
Drug interactions are the condition in which two or more drugs interact in a body and affect the action of each drug. Soma 500mg exhibits some interactions with other drugs which are described below;
- CNS depressants drug; Triprolidine and Methotrimeprazine
- Selective serotonin reuptake inhibitor; Fluvoxamine and Escitalopram
- Anti tuberculosis drug; Rifampin and Isoniazide
- Benzodiazepines drug; Diazepam and Alprazolam
- H-2 receptor blocker drug– Omeprazole and Pantoprazole
- Opioid drug; Codeine and Morphine
Storage condition of Soma 500 mg
Soma 500 mg tablet must be stored at 25 to 30 0C or controlled room temperature and protect from direct sunlight or moisture. Please do not store any expiry date medicine.
Missed Dose of Soma 500 mg
If you missed your dose then please take it as soon as possible but if it had taken a long time than skipped it and take the regular dose as per schedule and avoided the double dose of this medicine.
Overdose of Soma 500 mg
Overdose of Cenforce 150 mg tablet may very injurious to your health so please avoid it. The sign and symptoms are dizziness, depression, addiction of the drug and seizures. So please inform to your doctor immediately about overdose.
Dosage and administration of Soma 500 mg
Soma 500mg is a solid dosage form which is administrated by oral route. The recommended dose of this medicine is twice in a day. If you do not obtain a good therapeutic effect then you may take this medicine three times in a day. This medicine should be taken with or without food. This medicine is not prescribed to the pediatric patients.
Side effects of Soma 500 mg
There are some adverse effects which may appear after taking this medicine which are given below:
Common side effects are dizziness, nausea, stomach pain, headache, mouth dryness, breathing problem and Constipation.
Rare side effects are abdominal irritation and flushing.
Prior taken of this drug, you must follow some precautions which are helpful for your health. These precautions are given below
- You have any sensitivity reaction to its active or inactive compound then you should avoid this medication.
- Do not take this medicine if you bear from any disease such as liver, renal and blood disease.
- Avoid this medicine with alcohol and alcohol beverage because it affects the action of this drug.
- You should not drive and walk or other operating mechanical work after taking this drug because they produce sleepiness.
- This medicine should avoid with the CNS depression drug because they enhance sedative property.