Feldene 10 mg
Feldene 10 mg is drug which contains Picroxicam as its main ingredients and it comes under the category of drugs called nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drugs (NSAIDs). Feldene 10 mg is prescribed for the treatment of inflammation which is triggered by Arthritis or Osteoporosis.
How does Drug Works?
Feldene 10 mg functions by counteracting the production of a particular kind of chemicals present in the body termed as prostaglandins. These prostaglandins are engaged in the facilitation, of pain, stiffness, tenderness and swelling.
What is the Dosage of Feldene 10 mg?
Dose of Feldene 10 mg is mentioned as follows:
For Osteoarthritis: Regular Adult Dose designed for osteoarthritis is 10 mg tablet by oral route of administration two times a day.(morning and evening) ort 20 mg tablet by oral route of administration once in a day.(morning or evening)
For Arthritis: Regular Adult Dose designed for arthritis is 10 mg tablet by oral route of administration two times a day.(morning and evening) ort 20 mg tablet by oral route of administration once in a day.(morning or evening)
For Pain: Regular Adult Dose designed for pain is 10 mg tablet by oral route of administration two times a day.(morning and evening) ort 20 mg tablet by oral route of administration once in a day.(morning or evening)
Pediatric Dose for Pain: 0.2 to 0.3 mg/kg is given by oral route once in a day. Maximum daily dose is 15 mg.
The procedure of taking this medicine by children must be decided by only Doctor itself.
What are the indications of Feldene 10 mg?
It is indicated as therapy to those patients who are suffering from Arthritis and Osteoporosis.
What are the Contraindications of Feldene 10 mg?
Feldene 10 mg is contraindicated in patients who are having following medical conditions:
- It is contraindicated to those who are sensitive to any one of its ingredients.
- It is contraindicated in patients who are suffering from vigorous gastrointestinal bleeding.
- It is contraindicated to patients who come across through various disease asthma, urticaria, or allergic-type reactions.
What are the Side effects of Feldene 10 mg?
Ask your doctor/pharmacist if you exhibit some of these major side effects:
- Side effects associated with Digested system: Anorexia, pain in abdomen, Feeling of constipation, diarrhea, dyspepsia, heartburn, nausea, ulcers in gastric and duodenal regions, vomiting.
- Side effects associated with skin: rashes and itching are usual side effects.
- Side effects associated with Nervous system: Headache, anxiety, depression, confusion, tremors or insomnia.
- Side effects associated with body weight: body gradually starts increasing.
- Side effects associated with eyes: swelling in eyes or conjunctivitis.
Listed side effects of Feldene 10 mg are not complete.
What are the Drug Interactions of Feldene 10 mg?
Medications are known to interact with Feldene 10 mg are:
(Below Mentioned list is not complete. Consult your doctor before taking Tadalista 10 mg)
- Azilsartan medoxomil
How should you store Feldene 10 mg?
Storage conditions of Feldene 10 mg are:
- Stay children away from Feldene 10 mg.
- Guard from light and moisture.
- Storage temperature is below 30°C.
- Stop taking Feldene 10 mg after its expiry date shown as “EXP” on the label or box.
REMEMBER: This medicine has been prescribed for you by your doctor. DO NOT give this medicine to anyone without prescription.
What are points you should kept in mind before taking Feldene 10 mg?
Few points before taking Feldene 10 mg are:
- If you and your family had history of heart disease.
- If you had experienced any attacks of asthma in the past.
- If you have any kidney disorder.
- If you are pregnant.
- If you are breast feeding mother.
COMMUNICATE YOUR DOCTOR/PHARMACIST BEFORE STARTING TO TAKE THIS MEDICAMENT.
What happens if I miss my dose?
Need not to double your dose. Don’t take the missed dose and resume the usual dosing schedule.
What happens if I get over dosed?
If you get slightly overdose with your drug, symptoms are: lethargy, drowsiness and gastrointestinal.
In case of severe overdose with your drug, symptoms are: coma, respiratory depression, bleeding in gastrointestinal region.
Make a call to poison control center or crisis room quickly.